Requisition ID: 50839
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Are you passionate about future mobility and a more sustainable urban form? We are looking for a Principal-level Transport Planner who can build and lead a team of transport professionals that work closely with our urban planning and infrastructure teams to improve transport and land use integration and assist our clients in their transition to net zero. Our Transport Planning & Mobility team will help our clients and partners create great communities and plan and design linear assets, developments and precincts that balance movement and place for all user groups.
Your role will be to:
- Provide transport planning advice, leadership and services to urban and transport projects for existing private and public sector clients
- Work on a diverse range of projects including transport planning, master planning, corridor studies, precinct design, movement and place analysis and transport infrastructure planning
- Act in a Technical or Project Lead role for route corridor planning, business case, concept development, master planning and strategic planning projects
- Have a key leadership role within our WA Urban Solutions and Transport businesses and work with other senior members of the team to grow pipeline and expand capability
You Bring to the role:
Relevant and ideally advanced qualifications in Transport Planning, Urban & Regional Planning, Traffic Engineering or Civil Engineering, combined with significant relevant industry experience, with demonstrated career growth. Your high-level knowledge of strategic transportation planning and broad knowledge of transport engineering/planning/modelling concepts and tasks, combined with experience working on multidisciplinary transport projects, including major infrastructure projects will be key to your success. Importantly you will also brim demonstrable experience mentoring and developing strong technical skills in teams. You have a proven record of client interaction, relationship building and commercial/business awareness which will aid your ability to secure work and develop business with clients in Western Australia. Your extensive working knowledge combined with a track record of winning work with WA transport sector clients will be underpineed by excellent communications and stakeholder engagement skills. Membership of a relevant professional organisation (e.g. CIHT, TPS or CILT) is also an expectation.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.